We are Steve and Samantha Vaughan, and we are full time wedding photographers, based in Oxfordshire.
Our approach to wedding photography is what is known as documentary, or reportage style, which means we provide a photographic record of your wedding day, from start to finish. We don’t interfere with the flow of your wedding day, and never take over. Instead we work in the background, observing and capturing special, lasting moments. We love what we do, and we are passionate about weddings. Really!
We photograph your wedding, from getting ready (both bride and groom!) all through the day, right through to end of the day, working in partnership, ensuring no aspect of your wedding day is missed. We use quiet, un-obtrusive cameras. And we never ask you to say cheese. Ever. Promise.
We guarantee some of your favourite images from your wedding day will be the ones you didn’t know we took.
Have a look at work on this site, read our testimonials, and don’t hesitate to ask us a question.
Below, a video slideshow of one of our recent weddings
Some comments from our couples.
- We had the privilege of having Sam and Steve to capture all the perfect moments from our wedding on the 12th July, we seriously cannot thank them enough, the pictures are fantastic we are over the moon with them, lots of our guests have commented on how great they are and very different from your usual wedding photograph
ers. Every moment has been captured so naturally, we have been able to look through and see all the fun our guests had. We had a fantastic day and the pictures just prove everyone else did too. They went over and beyond what we expected of them, Sam helped me into my dress and fixed everyone's button holes on like a true pro, more like having 2 extra friends around, didn't even notice they were snapping away most of the time. So thanks a lot Sam and Steve, you made our day. Highly recommende d to anyone and everyone :))))Emma and Ricky
- OWH wow Steve. Honestly these are truly amazing we are so happy. You have made everything so perfect and captured the atmosphere with these images. So fantastic. Thank u so so much!!! And I Really hope it wasn't too much hard work for you and Sam! Thanks again to you both.Emma and Matt
- I just wanted to say a really big thank you for the photography you did for us. The photo’s are absolutely brilliant as discussed with you beforehand I wanted you to just take pictures of people without them knowing nothing structured (unless asked) and that is what you did fantastically. So many people have said that they didn’t even realise you were taking pictures of them as you just blended in and wasn’t in anyones face. The pictures that you have taken are all brilliant I am so very happy with the job you did and would have no hesitation what so ever recommending you. Once again thank you so very much for capturing the event and giving us some very happy memories to keep forever. Wishing you every success you really deserve it. Very best wishes Jayne & Mark ForthJane and Mark Forth
- Thanks so much Samantha and Steve for taking all those wonderful pictures at our wedding. We thoroughly enjoyed them, especially the reportage style ones. All our family have said how wonderful the photos are, and I believe they have all ordered some. Samantha, a big thank you for your amazing help during the day! I think you did a lot of bridesmaid duties as well as taking great photographs. Steve a huge thank you to you, for without your expertise and friendly support we doubt we would have made it through the photos.Nairne and Lee
- Samantha and Steve are a very talented couple. They offered a friendly and professional touch to our wedding day, delivered with lots of charm. We loved our photos and enjoyed showing them off to all our friends and family. Both photographers each had their personal take on the day, worked great as team and everything ran seamlessly and smoothly without any worries. They knew how to get the best out of our guests and surroundings and provided us with a range of varied shots as we requested. They understood us and what we wanted very well and we have no problem recommending them to anyone looking for a photography service for any occasion and budget.Heidi and Matt
- Steve and Sam were excellent at our wedding. They're lovely people, which is the most important thing, but also combined professionalism with a sense of fun. Getting the right shots whilst not being intrusive is a real skill which Steve and Sam have in abundance.Sam concentrated on the "candid" shots which we found to be a brilliant element to the final offering - loads of really lovely, emotional and amusing vignettes of the day. We now have a wonderful visual document of our big day to treasure and would like to thank the guys for doing such a great job. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend SSVPhotography to anyone!Edita and Neil
How we photograph a wedding, click on the headings to find out more.
After all the planning, preparation, and organising, time to let your hair down and have FUN. We recognise you want to have time with your family and friends, and not to be dragged of for hours of photographs whilst they are waiting for you! We will take the group shoots you want, although we encourage you to keep them to a minimum. We will provide you with a photographic record of the speeches, cake cutting and bouquet presentations, as well as everyone enjoying celebrating your wedding day.
Our latest blog updates
It was a lovely experience to provide the Witney Wedding Photography for Carly and Leo in May 2015. Actually, to be more accurate, the wedding was at the St. Kenelm’s Church in Minster Lovell. This is a lovely Oxfordshire country church, made even more lovely in that it backs on to the ruins of Mister Lovell…Details
The Oxfordshire Wedding of Jeanie and Tom in the lovely village of Beckley was a special occasion, not least for Samantha and I, as we got to combine both of our businesses; our Oxfordshire Wedding Photography and also the country pub the Abingdon Arms. Beckley is a small Oxfordshire Village, situated between Oxford and Bicester,…Details
Our first wedding of 2015 was held at Coseley Church, near Wolverhampton, with a reception at Somerford Hall, Brewood, Staffordshire, in April. Although we are Bicester Wedding Photographers, we will photographer anywhere in the country. It was very much a family affair; of course most weddings are, but in this case, we mean OUR family…Details
What’s an engagement shoot? Even though Samantha and I are documentary wedding photographers , specialising in natural, unposed reportage style wedding photos, we do also offer as part of our wedding photography packages a free engagement shoot to all our couples. An engagement shoot, or “pre wedding” photo shoot has several purposes. Firstly, our couples get some…Details
Here’s a special offer for wedding photography packages for the rest of 2015. Regular readers will know that one of our differentiators is that we offer two photographers (Samantha and I) for the whole wedding day. This means we can capture all the special, candid, un-posed moments of your wedding in our documentary, reportage style.Samantha…Details
A review of SSVPhotography’s 2014 documentary, story telling wedding photography, featuring 4 weddings, taken in Bicester, Aynho, Burford and Oxford. Features a slide show of photographs taken at these four weddings.Details
Why we love being documentary style wedding photographers, and how great it is to meet couple that really “gets it”!Details
Happy New Year to you; I hope to had a great Christmas, and New Year celebrations. With 2015 here with us, our first wedding fair of the year is now looming up fast. We will be at Eynsham Hall, near Witney, Oxfordshire on January 11th as our first wedding fair of 2015, followed by Whately…Details
The Christmas and New Year holiday period is traditionally a popular time for guys to “pop the question” and for couples to get engaged. In fact, statistically Christmas Eve is when more people get engaged to be married than at any other time of the year! In recognition of this, SSVPhotography are offering, for a…Details
A documentary wedding photography shoot of an Oxford wedding, based at the registry office, followed by a reception and party at a farm in Binsey, with dancing, morris dancers and live musicDetails