- Samantha and Steve are a very talented couple. They offered a friendly and professional touch to our wedding day, delivered with lots of charm. We loved our photos and enjoyed showing them off to all our friends and family. Both photographers each had their personal take on the day, worked great as team and everything ran seamlessly and smoothly without any worries. They knew how to get the best out of our guests and surroundings and provided us with a range of varied shots as we requested. They understood us and what we wanted very well and we have no problem recommending them to anyone looking for a photography service for any occasion and budget.Heidi and Matt
- Thanks so much Samantha and Steve for taking all those wonderful pictures at our wedding. We thoroughly enjoyed them, especially the reportage style ones. All our family have said how wonderful the photos are, and I believe they have all ordered some. Samantha, a big thank you for your amazing help during the day! I think you did a lot of bridesmaid duties as well as taking great photographs. Steve a huge thank you to you, for without your expertise and friendly support we doubt we would have made it through the photos.Nairne and Lee
- Our Wedding 14.11.15 We first met Steve at a local Wedding fair,we knew the style of photography we wanted but just hadn't come across the right person,or in this case people! As we browsed through the albums,Steve was explaining how both he and his wife Sam work. We were delighted,what SSVPhotography offer,it's just what we had imagined. Engagement shoot first off in the lovely town of Woodstock, Steve was so friendly and got us both to enjoy our time,the photos of that day were outstanding. We knew our special day would be captured perfectly,and we were so right,despite the British damp weather we have absolutely fantastic pictures to cherish. During the whole day and evening,they both mingled through the guests,so quietly quickly and discreetly. I had the pleasure of Sam being with the bridal party literally from the offset, Sam not just being a photographer but I really would of been lost without her,if I needed anything from my veil removing,a touch up of lip gloss or a spray of perfume,she was there every step of the way for me. I was made to feel very special. Above and beyond is how I can only describe it! Our Wedding photos ... Wow wow wow!!!! Captured our very special day perfectly.Neil & Shona Painting, from their Great Barn Aynho Wedding.Shona and Neil; Brackley and Aynho Wedding
- I just wanted to say a really big thank you for the photography you did for us. The photo’s are absolutely brilliant as discussed with you beforehand I wanted you to just take pictures of people without them knowing nothing structured (unless asked) and that is what you did fantastically. So many people have said that they didn’t even realise you were taking pictures of them as you just blended in and wasn’t in anyones face. The pictures that you have taken are all brilliant I am so very happy with the job you did and would have no hesitation what so ever recommending you. Once again thank you so very much for capturing the event and giving us some very happy memories to keep forever. Wishing you every success you really deserve it. Very best wishes Jayne & Mark ForthJane and Mark Forth
- We are over the moon with our wedding pictures! Steve and Sam made us so relaxed on our wedding day and were well worth every penny. Would definitely recommend them. We were thrilled with our wedding album too! Sophie and Steve on their wedding photography of their Bicester WeddingSophie and Steve
- Amazing, amazing, amazing. Sam and Steve have done the most wonderful job on our wedding photos. It was an absolute pleasure to have you both photograph our wedding day, you were both so professional and not invasive at all, you caught everything we wanted and more to a standard higher than we ever imagined. Since the day, you've been informative, helpful and we helped us through the process of choosing the images for, and then designing our wonderful albums. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend SSVPhotography to anybody wanting wedding photographers. Thanks again xx Rachel and Ross on their Heythrop Park WeddingRachel and Ross
- Steve and Sam were excellent at our wedding. They're lovely people, which is the most important thing, but also combined professionalism with a sense of fun. Getting the right shots whilst not being intrusive is a real skill which Steve and Sam have in abundance.Sam concentrated on the "candid" shots which we found to be a brilliant element to the final offering - loads of really lovely, emotional and amusing vignettes of the day. We now have a wonderful visual document of our big day to treasure and would like to thank the guys for doing such a great job. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend SSVPhotography to anyone!Edita and Neil
- OWH wow Steve and Sam. Honestly these are truly amazing we are so happy. You have made everything so perfect and captured the atmosphere with these images. So fantastic. Thank you so so much!!! And I Really hope it wasn't too much hard work for you both! Thanks again, we love our wedding photos!Emma and Matt
- They were more than we could have ever hoped for. Both Sam and Steve were incredibly personable and made everyone at ease throughout the day. The photos were incredible and gave a real sense of intimacy. They also make sure to take as many natural pictures as opposed to lots of posed ones; this not only makes for some stunning pictures but also made sure no one was bored waiting for me and my now wife to finish up our pictures. The care they put into their work is by far their best asset, they kept in regular contact, nothing seemed too much and even the aftercare of getting the finished photos has been amazing. If we could give more than 5 stars we would! Zoe and James on seeing the photos we presented them from their Hyde Barn Wedding.Zoe and James
- We had the privilege of having Sam and Steve to capture all the perfect moments from our wedding on the 12th July, we seriously cannot thank them enough, the pictures are fantastic we are over the moon with them, lots of our guests have commented on how great they are and very different from your usual wedding photograph
ers. Every moment has been captured so naturally, we have been able to look through and see all the fun our guests had. We had a fantastic day and the pictures just prove everyone else did too. They went over and beyond what we expected of them, Sam helped me into my dress and fixed everyone's button holes on like a true pro, more like having 2 extra friends around, didn't even notice they were snapping away most of the time. So thanks a lot Sam and Steve, you made our day. Highly recommende d to anyone and everyone :))))Emma and Ricky
A little bit about us…..
We are Steve and Samantha Vaughan, collectively known as SSVPhotography, and we are documentary wedding photographers. We specialise in telling the story telling wedding photography, for the whole duration of your wedding.
Documentary wedding photography (also known as reportage, informal, or even candid style) means we provide a photographic record of your wedding day, from start to finish. We don’t interfere with the flow of your wedding day, and never take over. Instead we work in the background, observing and capturing special, lasting moments. We love what we do, and we are passionate about weddings, and telling the story of the day through our photos. Who was there, what they did, and what happened, so you can look back on your wedding photos in the years ahead and remind yourself of the great time everyone had.
We photograph your wedding, from getting ready (both bride and groom!) all through the day, right through to end of the day, working in partnership, ensuring no aspect of your wedding day is missed. We use quiet, un-obtrusive cameras made by Fuji. And we never ask you to say cheese. Ever. Promise.
We guarantee some of your favourite images from your wedding day will be the ones you didn’t know we took.
Our style of photography may not for every couple of course; however more and more couples are appreciating having natural, unposed wedding photos and spending more time on the day with their family and friends, and less with their photographer! We want you to enjoy every moment of your big day, and its our job to provide you with the memories.
So, if the thought of having two documentary wedding photographers at your wedding appeals then have a look at work on this site, read our testimonials, and don’t hesitate to ask us a question, using our contact page here.
Contact Steve and Sam
Have a look at this video below!
This slideshow featuring some of our 2015 work highlights our story telling approach
Best of 2015 Documentary Wedding Photography
Our approach and what makes us different…
We provide two photographers (husband and wife) for every wedding
This means we capture all aspects of your wedding, including both bride and groom preparations
We charge a fixed price for the day, even if events overrun
We never take over or intervene in the proceeds; its your day!
We never forget we are guests at your wedding and dress and conduct ourselves accordingly.
Check our our updated Portfolio page:
Click the button below.
Want to know more? Fill the information in below; we promise never to send you spam!
Our latest blog updates
Samantha and I were delighted to be asked by Zoe and James to be their wedding photographers for their lovely Hyde Barn Wedding, near Stow on the Wold. When we met Zoe and James, it was clear that their idea of wedding photography was the same as ours; unobtrusive, informal and relaxed. So, it was with much excitement that we headed off on a lovely early Summer morning to the Cotswolds, to the lovely location in Gloucestershire.Details
Engagement Photoshoot Near Bicester-Zoe and Dan Summer finally arrived in Oxfordshire, early in May. The wet and cold weather gave way, finally, to some glorious sunshine. Perfect conditions therefore for the engagement photoshoot of Zoe and Dan in the lovely Oxfordshire Village of Duns Tew, Near Bicester. So what’s an engagement photoshoot? Well, for us,…Details
Five Arrows Hotel, Waddesdon; A Buckinghamshire Wedding Jodie and Rio’s Wonderful New Years Eve Marriage When Jodie and Rio asked us to be their Wedding Photographers for their Buckinghamshire Wedding, we jumped at the chance. Firstly, their wedding was to be on New Year’s Eve 2015, and we had never photographed a wedding…Details
Reportage Wedding Photography by SSVPhotography in 2015 For Samantha and I, 2015 was the year we really established ourselves as reportage wedding photography in Oxfordshire, the South Midlands and the Home Counties. 2015 was our busiest year yet, and we got work at some fantastic venues; some of our favourites from…Details
Northamptonshire Wedding of Shona and Neil Whitfield Church and the Great Barn Anyho We love our job as a documentary wedding photographer. We meet some lovely people and visit to great venues. Every so often, however, we meet a couple that really GET how we work. So it was with Shona and Neil, who proved…Details
The latest in our look back at some of our favourite images from our 2015 weddings takes us to the month of May, and the Oxfordshire wedding of Beckley. Jeanie and Tom’s wedding was a traditional church wedding held in the lovely village church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, followed by a…Details